Mocal Oil Cooler TR3A problem

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mocal Oil Cooler TR3A problem
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 16:31:45 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Would anyone have instructions for installation of a Mocal oil cooler they
could scan, fax or mail to me?

I have been struggling with a bad leak right at the spot where the oil
filter screws to the "sandwich" that goes on the old filter "head" and the
filter.  I have tried a half a dozen different filters, thinking that it was
the way the filter was seating to the sandwich.  Upon pulling it all apart,
I'm not sure now that I have all of the necessary parts.  The stud that
screws up into the head looks short in that I can not tighten it down and
still have enough thread to catch the filter and when I look at the original
spin on adapter, it fits that stud snuggly where the cooler adapter is
considerably larger.

A picture (parts list) could be worth a thousand words.

TIA

Ken Gano
triumphs@mcleodusa
1901 S. 4th #232