TR-8 Hard Work and More

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-8 Hard Work and More
From: JRossi727@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:53:41 EST
Hello All.  I have been working on a friends TR-8.  Carbs and hoses.  Car
been sitting for a number of years.  Well, today I fired it up.  Letting it
warm up to adjust carbs.  Seems like normal smoke coming of engine, exhaust,
and bell housing.  From over spray. From cleaning materials, oil, grease,
dirt and normal.  The motor fired right up. Turned up idle and though this
exhaust system really sounds like it leaks all over.  The car is up on four
jack stands.  The car had been running at fast idle for about five minutes
now. I looked under the car to see where all the leaks are coming from.  And
to my surprise.  Both cataletit? converters are cherry red and exhaust pipe
back to rear end are cherry red.  Holly Shit I yell.  Turn the car off and
got out the fan to cool things down.  Hell the car could have blew up taking
my shop with it.  I call the owner and to his luck he was not home.  I am
pissed.  The hell with the piece of shit TR-8. I could have lost my shop and
maybe my house.  The car now sit outside.  I have cooled down now and wait
for his return call.  No wonder these car killed the Triumphs.  John
Flintstone, GA