Re: Replacing Spitfire Windshield, dumb questions

To: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Subject: Re: Replacing Spitfire Windshield, dumb questions
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:28:54 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Richard,

#1, The tip-off on which way it goes is to look at the slots.  The
deeper one goes on the inside of the frame to wrap around the metal part
of the frame itself.  The more shallow slot is for holding the trim.

#2. Gasket on glass then into the opening.  Go to the Spitfire Tips
archive and you will kind a procedure that I wrote up some time ago that
will be most helpful in the installation:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080/spitfaqs.html

#3  Sealant?  What sealant?  If the glass is good and the gasket is
good, you shouldn't need any sealant.  You can use some lubricant,
however, to help install the gasket.

Regards,
Joe

--