How do I get the oil pressure up before starting a newly rebuilt TR6?

To: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@jspp.com>
Subject: How do I get the oil pressure up before starting a newly rebuilt TR6?
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:46:52 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Ronald A. Dowty"

What do I need to do to insure proper oil pressure before staring my engine
for the first time after being rebuilt.
<

Before you installl the pump pack it with "Engine Assembly Grease" or
something similar so it  can pull oil up from the sump.  A dry pump will
let air bypass the pump lobes and the pump may not pull oil up from the
sump.

If you have already installed the pump and the sump then remove the oil
pressure relief valve and pump in some oil on the off chance some will find
its way to the pump and wet the lobes.

Then I would remove the plugs and turn the engine on the starter until oil
starts to circulate then continue for 20 seconds or so to ensure oil
reaches every crook and nanny.  Then install the plugs and start it up!

Good luck.

Dave