Some other 'firsts'

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Some other 'firsts'
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:54:04 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Someone wrote:

How can we expect car critics to be any different even
though Triumphs have
a couple of firsts (front disc brakes on a production car,
the wedge shape on
an affordable sports car 'if you exclude high priced exotic
sports cars').
<==I've read that stuff somewhere (VTR, posts, ect.)

At least three other firsts spring to mind - by dredging the
memory banks I might come up with more.

First British manufacturer to standardise fuel injection on
two individual models - 2.5PI saloon and TR5 in 1967
First British manufacturer to offer independent suspension
on all four wheels across the whole product range by the
mid-1960's
First British manufacturer (possibly first in the world?) to
mass produce a 16 valve engine - Dolomite Sprint

Jonmac