Crane Ignition XR700

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crane Ignition XR700
From: "Bob Maser" <w6tr@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:01:52 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
I just received my rebuilt XR700 solid state ignition from Crane today and
would like to install it on my 76 TR6.  The problem seems to be that neither
of the 2 6 cylinder shutters fit onto the shaft of the distributor.  The
problem is that there is not enough room under the rotor. The 6 flat portion
of the shaft comes up too close for the shutter to fit.  Is the 6 flat
portion of the shaft removable?  Would appreciate any help available.

BTW, I just finished installing a pair of Weber DGV 32/36 carbs on the car
and I didn't have to make any adjustments to the idle level or the mixture
settings!  Surely there must be something wrong here.  I do notice that I
get a hesitation when going from idle to moderate or higher acceleration but
I assume that a minor CCW adjustment(richer) will correct that.  Would also
appreciate comments.

Thanks,
Bob in Riverside CA