Re: TR6 door trim removal

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 door trim removal
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:01:05 -0500
Paul Mitchell wrote:

> Trying to get the trim off the door of my 74 TR6... According to
> Bentley, there is a small hole in the door release and in the window
> winder that enables you to remove them, but I can't find it. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

Paul,

The pins are trapped under the black plastic escutcheon under the handle.  Push
putty knife or similar between the chrome handle and the black plastic and twist
slightly.  The pins sit perpendicular to the handles.  Use a stiff wire or
small drift
to push them out.  Apply the right pressure to the handle and they should slide
out
fairly easily.  If you push too hard or to light, spring tension will keep them
wedged
making it more difficult to remove.  Once you've done it a few times it gets
easier
after you've aquired a 'feel'.

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars