More on GT6 parts

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com" <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>
Subject: More on GT6 parts
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 18:18:40 -0700
For all of you who expressed interest in the '72 GT6 Mk3 that I was
considering acquiring and parting out, I went to look at the car today
and decided it was worth the investment.

Here's what I found:
The body has no visible rust.

There was one tiny spot on the driver floorboard that  is possible
rusted through, but it might be more of a tiny hole that was punched
through, since the car spent most of its life in Texas and Arizona.

The front bumper is straight and without rust.

The left plastic under rider is cracked but the right one is smooth and
shiny with no visible flaws.

The rear lights and trim is intact and without any signs of rust.

The bonnet has stress fractures around both latches but otherwise is
straight.

The driver door has 2 gouges where somebody scraped it.  The other door
is intact.

the Rear hatch is intact and all the glass is without any cracks.

There is one outside rearview mirror, a bullet type aftermarket one.

The dash looks very good and there is only one minor place where the
wood veneer is slightly cracker.  It has the bronze GT6 medalion (which
I believe is highly sought after).

The engine is very clean looking and the owner said that the head had
been reworked to accept unleaded fuel.

The transmission in outside the car.  The owner said that the clutch
fork pivot pin broke and he took it apart a couple of years ago to fix
it and got called up for foreign assignment (he's in the USAF) so he
hasn't gotten around to finding a new pivot pin and sort of lost
interest in the project.

The interior is all but completely out of the car.  Only the driver seat
remains.  The rest is in his garage.  The seat appears to be sound but
needs covering.  Foam is intact.  I expect the passenger seat is in the
same condition.

The wheels and centercaps are in very good shape as are the lug nuts.

The jack, tools and rear compartment cover are said to be in the guys
garage along with the upholstery but is said to all be there.

The rear bumper has a couple of minor flaws but could be brought back to
perfect very easily by any repuutable chrome shop.

The engine has an oil cooler that adapts to the filter port.  It has a
dinky little screw on filter attached to the side of the adapter.

All I am going to keep is the frame, with suspension, and braking
system.  The rest is available so if anybody wants anything, make an
offer.  It cannot stay around long,  Too much other stuff crowds the new
shop.

BTW, it is all in Arizona, just south of Tucson.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer