Re: "It's a Wonderful Truimph Life"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "It's a Wonderful Truimph Life"
From: Tom Beaver <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:39:50 -0500
At 11:12 AM 12/23/99 -0500, you wrote:

>An angel has earned her driver's license!  I am picking up a 73 French
>Blue TR6 in 4 hours for my husband's Christmas present!!  Thanks to
>all the many elves that helped me with suggestions, ideas, offers,
>mailings, pictures, and good humor!  May you all have a wonderful
>Christmas (I know one man that will!)

Wow, a great story. He's a very lucky guy.

About 10 years ago, I received a similar gift from one of my
brother-in-laws. Came in the form of a card with a set of Triumph keys,
title and a picture of a derelict, neglected 79 Spitfire. He had bought it
in Texas and brought it to Indiana where he  drove it for sometime and
finally had to park it for some since forgotten reason. Well, after that,
it was vandalized and left outside for a number of years until he gave it
to me and I drug it home, got it running and actually drove it for a couple
of years. It was one of the best presents I had ever gotten.

Tom Beaver
Indianapolis
73 GT-6
80 TR-8