Re: TR4 originality question - bonnet latch bracket

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 originality question - bonnet latch bracket
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 08:49:11 -0500
Dean_Mericas wrote:

> A quick question for the more obsessive TR4 experts amongst us:  What was
> the factory finish for the bonnet latch bracket that attaches to the
> firewall?  I've seen them both painted body color and (zinc?) plated.
>
> Thanks.

> Dean Mericas
> 1965 TR4 (CT 37089 L; in boxes all over the place)

Dean,

The TR-4 bonnet catches were on the body when sprayed, and should be body
color.  When
production shifted to the TR-250/TR-6 they were added after paint, and should
appear
cad plated.

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                         Check out Power British
   1242 E. Ridge Pike                            on the 'net!
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
    (610) 270-0505                http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars