Re: Radiator Removal

To: Bob Danielson <75trsix@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator Removal
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 23:15:38 -0500
Bob:

I replaced the radiator on my '70 TR6 last winter and it's a pretty
straight forward job. Drain the fluid either using the drain spikets
on the engine and the bottom of the radiator; remove the lower and
top radiator hoses from the radiator; remove the bolts at the top sides
of the stay rods and loosen the bolts on the lower end of the stay rod
so you can "fold" back the stay rods away from the radiator; remove
the bolts (one on either side) that hold the "feet" of the radiator to the
chassis. I think that is all it takes. Oh yes, remove the air deflector
before taking out the radiator. Pull the radiator up and out, tilting
it inward toward the engine. One person can easily do this.

One word of advise. When you reassemble, do not over tighten the nuts that
secure the side stay rods to the radiator or you'll snap off the bolt!

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions when you get into it, let
me know.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6