RE: Honing Brake MC

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Honing Brake MC
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 16:49:08 -0800
Jim :

Although I'm not shy about honing brake/clutch cylinders if they need it,
I'd suggest leaving it alone if there is nothing wrong.  "If it ain't broke,
don't fix it"

Plus, my feeling is that you are unlikely to get back to the same surface
finish.  IMO the slightly rougher finish left from honing (even if you
polish afterwards) will shorten the seal life at least a little.

Randall