Re: running rough - help THANKS IT'S FIXED

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: running rough - help THANKS IT'S FIXED
From: Paulwillou@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:55:51 EST
Thank you to Michael Porter & TR Householder.  Their diagnosis was correct.

The rough running was caused by a broken wire.  It was still hanging on by
one or two copper strands, but couldn't carry enough current under load.  The
wire that broke was the wire leading from the inner fender to the coil,
routed right over the dip stick.  It broke right at the connector on the
coil.  When I gave it a gentle tug, it came loose in my hands.

It must have broke when I pulled the dipstick after filling with new oil.
Over the years, pulling the dipstick and hitting that wire must have caused
it to weaken and break.

Ah, the joy of driving that smooth running TR around the block tonight was
incomparable.  Sleep well fellow TR listers.  I know I will tonight.  No TR
worries till next time

-Paul W.