Mating GT6 Tranny to Spitfire 1300 engine

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mating GT6 Tranny to Spitfire 1300 engine
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 21:02:39 -0700
Ok all you creative techno-wizzards out there!  I know somebody has done
this, so I'm looking for someone who can tell me what sort of
difficulties I will run into if I want to do the Above referenced
installation.

It seems that the GT6 gearbox has a very close ratio gear set (even
closer than the Racing set suggested in the Spitfire competition
manual).

Ideally, it would appear that the best thing to do is also use the
significantly larger GT6 clutch as well.  Pros and cons on this issue
will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Joe
--