Re: TR3 Help

To: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Help
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 07:54:08 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Richard Taylor <rgt3000@fuse.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Randall
>That's not quite right.  The short piece of tube attached to the control
head should slip over the long stator tube that runs inside the steering
shaft.  The stator tube has a slot that is engaged by 'dimples' inside
the tube on the control head.  The whole arrangement allows the control
head to be removed without removing the stator tube (although IMO it's
easier to remove the stator tube with the wires still inside it than to
have to put the wires back through it).

Randall
<

My error was pointed out by Michael Ferguson (my business partner).   Since
I've never had a TR3 apart I was assuming that it was the same as an Austin
Healey 100/3000 which has the long tube welded to the flang for the control
head (at least on the non-adjustable models).  I think I will pass on TR3
questions from now on (at least until I restore mine).  Its my new years
resolution.

Dave (Go ahead, ask me a TR6 question)