Leaning rear tire after suspension rebuild/TR6

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaning rear tire after suspension rebuild/TR6
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 11:47:31 -0500
After I replaced the right rear side suspensions system, my tire leans
way out at the top and way  in at the bottom. I guess you would call
this too much "toe in??"  In the course of replacing the springs with
new stock springs from a Moss Distributor, I also put new rubber collars
and the aluminum spacer - the factory fix for too much "camber" or
spring settling.  I also replaced with new Armstrong lever shocks, new
damper link, new rubbers for the recently replaced half-axle/universals,
all new bolts/nuts.

All of this alignment stuff is new to me, though I was wandering if
combining the aluminum spacer with new stock springs, may have caused
this?? I replaced the brackets and the shims as was on the car, and I
had no real alignment problem.
I believe there was a 3 notch inner bracket  with  4 shims, and a one
notch outer bracket with 3 shims.  I do not fully understand the
significance of the different notched brackets. Could some explain their
effect on alignment and adjustments with adding and subtracting shims???

The damper link was installed to the front of the car/right of the shock
arm as looking at the assembly. With the damper inserted left into the
shock arm, could this cause any problem? I believe this is the regular
assembly?

Thanks again for everyone's help with the rear suspension and any help
you could offer with the alignment issue, Happy Motoring in year 2000,
D. Michael