Re: WestCo Gel-Filled batteries

To: <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: WestCo Gel-Filled batteries
From: "Johnnystorm" <johnnystorm@aaeaster.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 23:13:03 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Ricardo \"Montalbon\" Jackson" <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Leon wrote:

>>This morning I received an invoice from Moss London, for one WestCo
>>Gel-Filled battery plus shipping charge...

Total cost to me: 102.13 GBP (not 94 as quoted on the telephone)
= 163.41 USD. (urghh).

You could have made a bag for the battery from those acid neutralising mats
the TSSC sell, for that money!

>I was disturbed to note that my new and slightly dusty battery is dead
flat.
>As it is supposedly sealed, I am wondering as to how I am supposed to
>charge  it up for the first time?

No exposed terminals then, how queer! you should have driven round and jump
started it! Haven't you got a diesel car now for that purpose!:-)

Johnny

1969 Simca 1000 Rally wrecked
1970 viterald 15/70 (in an extended B.T inspection tent)
1980 TR7 sprint 16V (In the ex-conservatory)
1988 Fiat-Arbarth Uno Turbo i.e (left to the great outdoors, sniff)