Re: Brake drums

To: J&E <ebk@buffnet.net>
Subject: Re: Brake drums
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:10:23 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by J&E
>Hi List!
        Question: Why can't some type of "pipe or tubing" be installed as a
"sleeve" to take up the space between the wheel stud & drum hole for the
wheel stud. Thus being a "bushing" of some type? Also, if this was to be
done would Stainless Steal be an accpetable material? If not, then what
material would be accpetable? Wouldn't I be a good idea to coat the
inside & outside of this material with an anti-seize grease coating for
easy removial of the drum? -Cosmo Kramer
<

No reason atall, Cosmo, except for the fact that this problem hardly ever
comes up.  How many folk out there stymied by the problem of fitting drums
from a TR3 (or TR4) onto his TR4A IRS.   If there are 10 I'll be a monkey's
uncle (appologies to monkeys world wide).  If there was a market for them
there would be a supplier.

I would think that hot rolled steel tubing would be sufficient and I would
make them a slight interference fit so that once pressed in they would stay
put until they were pressed back out.  JMHO

Cheers

Dave