Fix for TR4 Window Gears

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fix for TR4 Window Gears
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:44:25 EST
Hi List,
Since new TR4 window actuator mechanisms don't seem to be available does
anyone know what to do with the worn out gear mechanisms? The fan shaped
driven gear has pretty badly worn teeth in the 'high wear zone' (about an
inch and a half worth of teeth out of the 6 or 7 inches of the entire range).
I thought I could cut out and replace the fan gear but am sure the small
driving gear is probably pretty worn too (hard to see inside mechanism).
Hammering the teeth back closer to their original shape and/or welding and
filing them doesn't seem the best way to go.
Any ideas on this?
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74 ... I can see why a TR would be worth $21K from my angle..
..down here