Radiator shrouds on TR-3s

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radiator shrouds on TR-3s
From: "James A. Ruffner" <jaruffn@ngic.osis.gov>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:50:11 -0500
The TR-3's, all except the small mouth, require the shroud which
connects the radiator to the grill area.  Without it, they have a
great tendancy to overheat!  This is not a characteristic of the TR's
alone, but most cars come with such a shroud.  I accidentally left the
shroud out of my Bimmer when replacing the waterpump, and said "To
Hell with it!"  and lived to regret it!  It never really overheated,
but didn't stop until it hit the redline, and the auxillary fans came
on, but still remained at the redline.  To say the least, I promptly
replaced the shround, and that ended the problem!

Cheers

James A. Ruffner