Re: TR3 bent accelerator shaft

To: "Dan Buettner" <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 bent accelerator shaft
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 22:19:34 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Dan,

You don't specify whether this bend is a long slow curve or an angular kink,
I also don't know the dia but for any thing up to 3/8" these methods should
work. If it is a slow curve take it by the ends and bend it over your knee
a little at a time until it is as near to straight as possible, these things
will
generally work with a small amount of deviation.
If it is an angular bend grip it in a vice or a lathe chuck right by the
bend
and tap it gently back into line, if you are doing it in a lathe it will be
easier
to test for straight you should not need to heat it (unless the bend is very
tight
circa 30 degrees) as the type of steel used on this type of thing is pretty
malleable.

Graham.