Re: New TR6er

Subject: Re: New TR6er
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 07:32:49 -0800
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Brendan :

Welcome to the list and to the world of Little British Cars (LBCs) !

I understand Phil Smith has already contacted you, so you know by now
that not only is there a Triumph Sports Car Club of San Diego near you,
but they are hosting Triumphest 2000 next October, where Triumph
enthusiasts from all over the western US will gather.

There are a few RHD TR6s around (ISTR there's one in SCTOA) but not too
many.  They were originally sold only in countries that drive on the
left, and the US safety regulations that came into effect around 1970
make it difficult to import cars that were not made to US specs.

I live perhaps 200 miles from you, and do wander to SD occasionally.
I'm more of a TR3 person (although there's a TR6 motor and OD
transmission sitting in my garage right now, soon to be installed in a
friend's TR6), but let me know if I can be of any help.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver

Brendan Barrans wrote:

> Hello, my name is Brendan from Poway, CA. This is my first time to this list
> and just learning more and more about Triumphs everyday.
<snip>