RE: Stag Engine?

To: SJagGo@aol.com, Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Stag Engine?
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:12:22 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill - you got that same postcard?! JD

I remember hearing that as both were part of the same BL behemoth, the Rover
Division didn't want Triumph using 'their' engine (even if Rover got it from
Buick in a roundabout way, but I digress), so that forced Triumph to come up
with their own V8. And the rest, we know, is extinction. A Stag book I have
at home (of course) actually mentioned the TR6 powerplant in the prototype
Stag. How about THEM apples? JD