Re: Wood Dash Repair

To: Usual Suspects <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wood Dash Repair
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 17:10:31 -0500
About 20 years ago, I ordered some veneer from Constantine's and redid the dash
on
a TR4a that I owned at the time. I've since ordered a lot of veneer from them
and
they remain a good source.I still have the glovebox door off that project and it
still looks good. 'Course it's been inside all this time. Don't know what
happened
to the rest of the dash. My point is, that if I can do it and make it look good,
then so can you. And, you'll have 1/10 of the cost of a replacement dash when
you're through. I would also add that you will definitely want to use sealer on
both sides so the wood will expand and contract at the same rate. Plus, you'll
smile every time you look at your handiwork.

Regards,

Jeff Johnson