Driveshaft phasing

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Driveshaft phasing
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:10:45 -0600
Listers,

I have researched the archives for answers on driveshaft phasing and believe I
understand what is written. However, I want to make sure. When I removed my
driveshaft this weekend I discovered that it is apparently out of phase. With
flanges and u-joints removed and laying on the floor the yokes should look like
this in relation to one another:

Both yokes should be in the same plane oriented identically. Is this correct?
Mine does not look like this. One yoke is approximately 15-20 degrees rotated
from the other. I haven't cleaned it up enough to find alignment arrows but I'm
fairly certain they don't point to each other.

Thanks!

Mark A. Evans
"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."