Re: GT6 front springs

To: spitlist@gte.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 front springs
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 00:06:26 EST
In a message dated 1/20/00 10:12:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spitlist@gte.net writes:

<< The right spring is longer than the left one.  To make up the difference
 in spring height, an aluminum spacer is on top of the spring under the
 riser where it mounts.

 Is this pretty common?  Is this a factory thing?  Or is this some DPO
 thing that I will have to set straight?

 Regards,
 Joe >>

Joe
Your discovery did not surprise me at all. Let me share with you
a few other common GT6 parts I have observed:
- a real estate sign floor pan
- a rear quarter repair done with a coffee can, pop rivets and copious bondo
- a heater box fashioned from a No Parking sign
- a wooden rear engine mount
This is why I am currently trying to buy a 3rd GT6+ to go with the 2 I already
have - eventually I will have enough good parts to build 1 good one.
Cheers
Jack Mc