Cars

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cars
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:17:09 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I don't remember model years or even all the cars I've had but I can break
them up into various "phases" of my life:

High School - drove Dad's big old Buick LeSabre. My older sister had a
beautiful white Chevy Impala convertible (1959) that was sold when she went
to college. So, she was an "A" student and I wasn't!!

College - some how managed to talk my parents into a 61 Sprite followed by a
64 AH3000. The Healey lasted until.................. marriage

Marriage - The Early Years - No more Healey, but the wife had a Ford Falcon
Futura. At least it had bucket seats. When the new Camaros came out in 1970
I bought a BRG one with a stick shift. It lasted about 9 months..........
there's no way you can get a crib, walker, stroller etc. into a Camaro

Marriage - The Lean Years - A series of Toyota and Subaru wagons

Marriage - The Vacation Camping Years - Yes you can pull a Starcraft pop up
camper with a Toyota wagon, but I wouldn't recommend it. As the campers got
bigger (24' Shasta Trailer) we moved through a Dodge Monaco big V8, a
Suburban 2WD and a 400 CI Suburban 4X4.

Marriage - The Vacation Condo Years - Both of us making more money so the
cars move up scale: Acura Legend and a couple of Audi 4000/80 quattros

The kid is out of College years - Time for an Infinti Q45 and a newly
redesigned Mazda MX6

The kid got married and won't move back home years - Infinti J30 and  Mazda
Millenia

Time to think about retirement years - We've come full circle - 1998 Subaru
Outback Legacy Limited Wagon and 1998 Honda Accord Coupe V6.

And of course what some refer to as the "mid life crisis" years............
but I've disagree as I've wanted another LBC ever since I sold the Healey
back in 1969......... 75 TR6

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD