Re: Slow TR6 overdrive

To: paul-m@mweb.co.za
Subject: Re: Slow TR6 overdrive
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:39:16 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Hi Paul,

You wrote:

My 74 TR6 PI has a bit of an overdrive lag. When I engage the overdrive,
it takes a while to change up - anything up to 30 seconds. Coming down
is more or less instant. Since this is when it is usually important, I
am not too worried at the moment, but I am interested in what the list
thinks I may be in for long term. I guess it is taking a while to build
up the pressure to move - anyone else had this trouble?

My 1970 TR6 PI has a little overdrive lag, too, but only for about 5 seconds;
disengaging is also more or less instant.  Same symptom regardless of revs or
gear.  I don't know if that's nominal or not.  It's all I know, so for me that's
just the way it works!

I'd be interested in knowing more.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca