Re: TR-3, Insulating Transmission Hump

To: Bill Brewer <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: TR-3, Insulating Transmission Hump
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 22:34:06 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bill

I insulated my tranny cover on the inside.  I used 18" wide bubble wrap
(with alum. foil on both sides) that I got at Home Depot.  Actually I
did the whole interior of the tub since I had everything out putting in
an OD. I went from as far up on the firewall as I could get and back to
the heel board and from rocker to rocker.  I sealed each piece with foil
alum. tape (from HD).  Stops heat and noise both.  I highly recommend it
.  Even if you only do a little at a time it's worth it.  I even have
two ~4ft. pieces that I weave in between the bows on my soft top cause
it's cooler driving with the top up (on long summer road trips) and the
back window zipped down, and even cooler when you insulate that black
(solar collector) vinyl that's 3 inches from your head.  All of the
above was done before I drove from Denver to Portland, Maine last summer
and I was glad I did when the heat index hit 113 degrees in Iowa and
Indiana.

Bud Rolofson