Alternator thanks

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator thanks
From: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:20:31 -0800
It was amazing to see how many responses I recieved about the alternator
conversion.  I love you guys.

I picked up a 10SI from a local shop today.  Unfortunately I picked it up
before I recieved Brian at Power British Performance Part's email regarding
a ready to bolt kit he sells.

Since I have a TR4 which uses the wide belt I need to figure out how to
finalize the alternator swap.  I was wondering if anyone has tried mounting
the old generator pulley to the alternator or better yet if there is a
pulley that can be purchased from a local store.  I know there is the thin
belt conversion for the crank and water pump pulleys but seems it would be
easier to change just this one not the other two.

I havent seem too much talk on the pulley aspects and am definately
interested in hearing how this was overcome.
Would I be safe using a 1/2 inch belt with the existing pulleys if they
didnt touch the bottom of the groove?
Can I use the 3/4 inch belt on a 1/2 inch pulley if it seems to fit in there
pretty well?

Thanks again for all the help
David Lee
64 TR4