Re: rolling GT6 over??

To: spitfire4@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@mcleodusa.net
Subject: Re: rolling GT6 over??
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:22:56 EST
Cc: prdesign@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 02/17/2000 10:50:35 PM Mountain Standard Time,
spitfire4@ix.netcom.com writes:

> I just hope that the top of the window and front of the roof won't get
> damaged.
>
>  Talked to someone who said that removing the wheels would be the way to go
> as
>  well...
>
>  doug

oug..the Spridget method I mentioned...the one on their archives..is baically
two large 3/4 inch plywood octagons...maybe some stiffning 2x4s...bolted
whete the bumpers bolt on.  Lets you roll the tub over 1/8th at a time..Put
casters on 2x4 on one side the roll the whole shebang about.

This will save you deforming the windshield frame and roof.

Also, if  you have the doors off, moght want to tack weld a pipe across to
preserve the width...picking up both ends of an LBC with no doors tends to
bow the body closed at the sill.  Of course it's a bit worse on convertibles.

Robert