Seat Acorn Nuts on TR-3 Seats

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Acorn Nuts on TR-3 Seats
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 21:04:20 -0800
     I did something bonehead that I thought that I would relate so others
won't follow in my footsteps.
     The "acorn nuts" that hold the pivot for the passenger seats on TR-2's
and 3's frequently seize up. I was trying to get mine off in preparation for
reupholstering. I soaked them in WD-40 and heated them. I slowly started
backing off each one and soaked them some more. Next time I put a wrench to
them,  they both broke off and left me swearing at myself.
     If I were to do it again, I would have just put a nut breaker on the
acorn nuts before I tried a wrench. I checked my other set of seats and
discovered that they had the studs and acorn nuts gone and replaced with
bolts and locknuts.

     Bill Brewer
     1960 & 1961 TR-3A's