Oil Filter Adapter

To: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Oil Filter Adapter
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 10:02:39 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by John Summers
>Now, my question to all of you is:  On the spin-on oil filter adaptor I
>purchased with the optimism that I would soon be able to get an oil
>cooler to go with it, I for the interem, capped the outlet to said
>cooler and capped the return from said cooler.  Will this work?

NO!  Read on.
>Orshould I get a hose to connect the two holes?
>If hose is the answer,,,where can I get one.

The oil MUST pass from the oil outlet to the inlet.  You must get a hose to
connect the two.  Get out the yellow pages and look up an industrial
hydraulic hose house.  They can fabricate one for you.  You might have to
take your adapter off (again) and take it in.

>Can any of you let me know what wires go to what prong on the oil
>pressure sensor that comes out of the side of the engine? I surely got
>.even though I just re-re-re-filled the oil.

If you start at the empty quadrant and work clockwise the first wire is
black, the next on is white/brown and the third is white/green.

>Could the fact that I have
>the hose holes on the adaptor capped cause the oil not to circulate and
>thus no oil pressure registering?

Absolutely.  Get a hose ASAP!

>Questions, questions, questions, huh guys?

Answers, answers, answers.  That's what we are here for.

>John Summers
>Jacksonville

Dave Massey
St. Louis