Re: Stag Motor Question...

To: <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>
Subject: Re: Stag Motor Question...
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:01:13 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: brian_s@deq.state.la.us <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>

>I take it there were "wallet empying results"

Ye$. The timing chain cover, $ome piston$ and valve$, a $procket I think,
and more.

This on an engine that had only 4000 miles on it. The timing chain was of
substandard manufacture and broke, causing all of the above. And of course,
in addition to any parts I didn't remember to lst, there were the countless
hours the owner spent pulling, rebuilding, and replacing the engine. Lucky
for me, it wasn't my car. I was there when it happened, and I assisted with
the disassembly.