Thanks and another ? re fan belt

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks and another ? re fan belt
From: "Gary Coulter" <gcoulter@home.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:43:35 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I want to thank everyone for your responses
to my question about Polyurethane suspension
bushings squeaking.
I'll be sure to lube 'em up good as they go on!

Looking at my fan belt today on my new two
month old 73 Tr6, I noticed I'd feel much better
if I changed it. (couple of chunks missing).
But as I recall from many years ago and seem to
confirm as I looked it over, it's pretty hard to
slip the new belt between the fan pully and the
cross member tube.  There's only about 1/4 inch clearance.
I remember forcing it through there before by wedging
it in and bumping the starter....
but ... does anyone know of a better way?
Thanks!
Gary Coulter
73 TR6