Nuts & Bolts update #2

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Nuts & Bolts update #2
From: Jim Brooks <jabrooks@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 00:14:33 -0700
OK, update #2 on my nuts and bolts cross-reference.  I finished entering
all the data, cross-referenced to Moss to find missing nuts and bolts, then
decided to go ahead and enter all the Moss numbers.  Finished that, then
took a look at the Vicky Brit catalog and was pleasantly surprised at how
complete it was (much better than Moss).  So, you guessed it, I'm now
entering the VB data.  It'll be done Real Soon Now (for those who remember
Bill Machrone's comments on VaporWare many years ago in PC Mag).  Kind of
like shipwright's disease for data entry...

FWIW, I've found the VB catalog to be the most exhaustive in listing nuts
and bolts (except for engine parts), in some cases outdoing my parts
manual.  Moss was kind of sad.  Also, I've noticed that the vendors often
list two different part numbers for different applications of one original
Triumph number.  Maybe they've learned something over the years.  Or maybe
they just found different sources for parts at different time.   Caveat
emptor, YMMV, etc.

jb