Re: What's Happening to the Paint?

To: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's Happening to the Paint?
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 10:32:27 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Haldeman" <haldeman@accessone.com>
The car was dazzlingly clean and
> shiny.  Now, a week later, after driving the car in the sun off and on for
> about 6 or 7 hours, the water-spotting is returning to the hood once
again!!
> How can this be?
>
> What is happening to the finish?  Has the paint gone bad for good?  Will
it
> just keep doing this, or is there anything I can I do to stop the process?
> I must say that although the car looks great to the casual observer, it's
> disappointing in reflected light---and here I've just spent $400 to
improve
> the finish.
>
> --Phil Haldeman

Phil:
Welcome to the world of modern air pollution! You probably got dosed with a
acid rain shower, which when allowed to dry, will pickle paint right down to
the primer. More modern paint are resistant to this, but and older lacquer
or enamel paint will spot over time. Try a body and paint supply store-
perhaps they have a treatment for this that will salvage the paint.