Further ? about TR3 Differential guts.

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Further ? about TR3 Differential guts.
From: "Andy Dixon" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 21:18:59 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Finally got the guts out of the diff. case I'm going to use. Had to fashion
a spreader with 1/2" threaded rod and angle iron. Many thanks to all of you
who answered and I tried every method before finally going to the spreader.

Now, I plan on putting the guts from the housing currently on the car into
the one I just emptied (Chipped pinion tooth on the one I just emptied,
otherwise I'd be done).
Will the bearings from the one currently in the car be OK, or should I
change them all? If I want to keep them about how much play should there be
between the inner race and the cage?
If I change the bearings, does anyone have a trick for measuring the pinion
head bearing spacers? I don't have a dummy pinion gear or "bar-stop thingy"
that goes from side to side.
Thanks,
Andy

'59 TR3A