gas tank pressure

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: gas tank pressure
From: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:14:46 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I am still trying to figure out why my rear carb on my stock 74 TR6 leaks
gas when the car is not running.  After looking thru the E-mail archieves, I
think the problem may be in the emission system.  My gas tank builds up
pressure inside, even when the car is not running for days.  If I relieve
the pressure, the leak stops. I've already replace the jet with Grose jets,
checked the float, and checked the float height.   From what I read, there
should not be any pressure in the tank.  Does everyone agree with this?  If
this is true, I guess there must be some blockage in the vent line between
the tank and the carbon canister.  I see there is a small expansion tank in
this line, above the tank.  Does this tank have any valves in it which might
be stuck?  Any ideas on where I should look first?  As far as I can tell,
all the emission parts are intact and attached properly.  Thanks for any
help.

Jay
74TR6