Re: TR6 (and 4) windshield chrome

To: Thomas Fansher <tfansher@bitstorm.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 (and 4) windshield chrome
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 08:13:17 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Thomas,
I found that once you get the end started, you can work the trim side to side
while exerting downward pressure and the gap is spread sufficiently to accept
the trim.  And hindsight being what it is, I suggest that you try and compress
as much of the trim into the groove as possible.  That rather than stretching
the trim piece, will help compensate for shrinkage.  Further, you might even
leave an inch or so overlapping before cutting it off.  Leave it in the sun for
a few hours and see if you can force the overlap into the channel and trim the
excess.

Regards,
Joe