Old style OD relays

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Old style OD relays
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:43:04 EDT
List,

I recently obtained 2 old overdrive relays that are the screw connector type.
Intrigued, I checked them out and neither would work. However these are not
like the new ones that go bad every year or so, by simply bending a few tabs
they can be opened. I found the winding coil wire to be discontinuous in
both.
My questions are 2:
Can these be rewound by a repair shop?
And is there any interest in something like this by any of you Concours nuts?
 ;-)

If they can be repaired I would like to keep one, as it is correct on my 58
3A. But if there's a lot of interest I would probably be willing to part with
the other.
I don't recall ever seeing these before, either on or off any cars.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4