RE: Trani Removal

To: "'wbrazinski'" <wbrazinski@mediaone.net>, suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: RE: Trani Removal
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:16:44 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
45 lb light...
:^)

 -----Original Message-----
From:   wbrazinski [mailto:wbrazinski@mediaone.net]
Sent:   Wednesday, April 12, 2000 11:20 PM
To:     suhring

Hi Scott,
If you have the whole car apart you might want to consider removing the
engine and tranny as a single unit.  I recently did this on my 3A and it
was very straightforward.  Once out of the car I suspended the engine in
the hoist and removed the gearbox before removing the clutch, flywheel
etc. to mount the engine on the stand.  The gearbox is very light - you
will be surprised how easy it is to lift!

regards,
Wayne