OVERDRIVE "J" Type

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: OVERDRIVE "J" Type
From: William Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 22:09:01 +1200
>Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:22:00 +1200
>To: Triumph
>From: William Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
>Subject: OVERDRIVE "J" Type
>
>I have just arrived in stock 2 Triumph gear boxes complete with J
overdrive.These boxes have the serial starting with "MD" 3xxxxx which shows
they are from the 2500 PI cars.The interesting numbers are with the
overdrive with serial numbers 28-115873-00/// & the other
25-115836-00///.My question is my is one at 25% & the other at 28%{ratio
percent} & maybe the 28% j box from a Stag.The part numbers 115873 & 115836
are these a clue what car they are from.I wonder if anyone on the list has
a listing for what all these numbers are for what Triumph.As a matter of
interest the gearboxes are the same as TR6 execpt the input shaft is
smaller,first gear is lower ratio & all other gears & parts are the
same,maybe the speedo gearing is different because of 13 inch wheels on the
saloons. Cheers Ashley.