Re: Spitfire 1500 oil filter problems

To: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 oil filter problems
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 23:34:15 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Dave
Try removing the adaptor from the block and see if the length of one of the
threads is longer, the threads here are the same type either side of the hex
nut but sometimes come with two different lengths, if I remember right some
of your filter adaptors use different size threads on each end if this is
the case, sorry I can't help you except to say make sure the filter cross
references with the correct type, not just looking similar.

Graham.