Re: Studs

To: Keith McGahan <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Studs
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:03:44 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Keith,
I had a similar problem with my Spit Race Car project.  I am using TR6 studs
which work ok with one set of 5.5" wheels I have, but are too short with the 6"
wheels that I am using.  I looked all over for an adequate replacement stud.
The closest thing I could find was Moroso racing studs which are about 2" too
long.

I ended up finding a set of lugnuts that have a much deeper shoulder.  That did
the trick.  It is a bit tricky getting the nuts started on the studs because
they don't stick out past the holes in the wheel, but once they are started,
They have a full inch of threads keeping the wheels secure.

Regards,
Joe