Re: Frozen Sparkplugs

To: "Mike Barron" <jmikebarron@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Frozen Sparkplugs
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:22:04 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi All
I can say that the out a bit back a bit with some release oil trick is good,
this is the first thing we try on our broken screws on die casting dies at
work, these go through roughly the same thermal changes as a spark plug
thread, the suggestion to try with the engine hot is good too, not sure
about the water trick, never seen or heard of that one, I did see a van hit
a deep puddle and hydrolyse! The repair was so expensive the utility company
flogged it as spares! If you chase the threads please grease the chaser /
tap to collect any swarf you may generate.

Graham.