Re: Tr3a Wipers

To: "INTERNET:KTRIUMPH@aol.com" <KTRIUMPH@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Tr3a Wipers
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:57:14 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:KTRIUMPH@aol.com
><< Bill,

 My 57 TR3 (TS18010l(O)) does not have the self parking wipers.  The facia
 switch switches the hot lead and when you shut down the wipers stop where
 ever they happen to be.  This is kosher per the wiring digram.  My
question
 is at what point did they implement self-parking wipers?  Was it the
 TR3/TR3A transition?  When?

 This is a question for the list in general. >>

According to Piggott at TS12567 (July 56) "Windscreen wiper motor changed
from Lucas CRT 15 to Lucas DR2" - also changed the mount, the wire harness
and the side of the car the motor was mounted on.
It doesn't say the change was from a non-parking motor to a parking motor,
but it was the only wiper motor change I saw.

Ken Nuelle
<

One may never know.  They may have switched to the self parking wiper motor
for availability reasons but not implemented the wiring change for a while.
 Why?  Who knows?

Thanks for the response.

Dave