TR4 Alternator Conversion,, now the car wont start!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, randallyoung@earthlink.net
Subject: TR4 Alternator Conversion,, now the car wont start!
From: Z27407@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 21:30:20 EDT
Hello List..

We just did a Alternator conversion on a TR4 today.  After hooking everything
up according to the Dan Masters notes at VTR.. Now the car wont even turn
over unless the solenoid button is pressed in.

Since the car is now negative ground,,  am I forgetting something?
Remember, when the switch is turned, the car does nothing.  Previously,
before the upgraded alternator, turn the switch and it would start right up??

The battery terminals have been changed and there is a 12v current at the
solenoid for the trigger..white/red wire..

It all happened late in the day and we have not completly trouble shooted the
situation.  I thought that I might get some inside information before
embarking on the task tomorrow..

What do you think??

Paul Cordts
Custom Cars, Inc.