TR4 Alternator Conversion,, now the car wont start! UPDATE

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Alternator Conversion,, now the car wont start! UPDATE
From: Z27407@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 15:54:24 EDT
Hello List..

Here was the problem with the starting situation.

On the solenoid, there is a stud that accommodates the connection from the
ignition switch, the red/white wire.  On the solenoid that I have recently
purchased from Moss/Nisonger.. the stud is hollow with a wire running from
the top of the stud..the outside.. through the middle of the stud to the
inside of the unit.  On the outside/top of the stud if a small solder
ball/joint.. Guess what..that solder joint was bad..  Furthermore,  trying to
get solder to stick to a bolt like that ain't easy.  The bolt does not have
what it takes to accept a tight solder connection.

Now If I can just get this damn GM alternator to work right..  Are Dan
Masters instrucions at VTR correct?  Or is there is misprint.. If so what is
it??

Paul Cordts
Custom Cars, Inc.