Alternator Conversions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator Conversions
From: "Gerald M. Van Vlack" <jerryvv@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 07:26:39 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
List

I would like to submit my experiences with an Alternator conversion on a TR4
A. The first time I wired the conversion I followed the "modified Dan
Masters instructions" and the ignition warning light did not work properly
at all. I followed these instructions because it made more sense to me that
the heavy Brown/yellow wire should connect to the "Bat" post on the
alternator. I was wrong. Connect it just as Dan says and things work. I
replaced the thin Brown/green wire with a heaver gauge wire from the "Bat"
post to the regulator and solved the thin wire problem. I also wrote to Dan
for clarification but never got a response so maybe if he would ring in on
all of this the mystery can get solved if indeed there is one.
Jerry Van Vlack